Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Earning Three Grand Per Month - Baby Steps

Baby steps lead to bigger and better things.
To sum up this entire post in one sentence, I've decided to put three short-term goals into action. After reading a few inspirational posts (here, here, and here), I realized that I won't be successful if I just read blog posts, online income reports, and free eBooks all day.

Reading and learning new things is one of the greatest things you can do. Implementing the learned tips and strategies is the greatest thing you can do, when it comes to your success.

Therefore, I created three short-term goals to pull me closer to my vision of success: consistently earning $3,000 per month online. I decided that all three goals will be due August 20, 2011.

Goal #1 - $15,000 Savings

Currently, I am about $70 short from having $12,000 in savings. Therefore, I have to earn about $3,100 within two months to accomplish my goal.

You must be thinking: "Greeeeaat. But what does this have to do with earning $3,000 per month online?" Well, I plan to fund my savings account with earnings from Demand Media Studios. Usually, I earn about $1,000 as a freelance writer. This goal forces me to earn approximately $1,550 per month to accomplish it.

Why not increase my online earnings while funding my bank account at the same time?

Goal #2 - Blogging

By the due date stated above, I plan to have 50 posts live on 3 Grand Month. I realize that I didn't even come close to accomplishing the previous blog post goal of mine. Now that I've somewhat changed the niche of my blog, I'm more excited about posting new content.

Hopefully, motivation and having someone put a gun to my head as I write these posts will be enough for me to accomplish this goal. The incentive for accomplishing this goal? A nifty $10 domain (for this blog) that won't go to complete waste.

Goal #3 - Start Web Design Class

Right now, I'm almost finished with a course you must complete before you can take Web Design. I only have 14 assignments to go before I say good-bye to Computing for College Success and hello to Web Design I.

According to my Pace Chart, I'm supposed to take eight weeks to complete these fourteen assignments. (Well, I did get exempted from about eight assignments, though...)

No way am I gonna take eight weeks to finish up fourteen simple assignments! Instead, I'll go ahead of the Pace Chart, which I'm allowed to do. Basically, to accomplish this goal, I need to finish this course and start a new one by August 20, 2011.

When I look at these goals, they honestly don't look so mini or babyish to me. Honestly, these goals will take me a lot of effort to complete, but... These goals are nothing compared to my long-term goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment